Here are a few reasons clients choose to do a boudoir PHOTOSHOOT:
· They may be a little older and looking to recapture their sexiness.
· They want to give their significant other an incredible gift - birthday, anniversary, Valentine's Day or Christmas. Many brides do a boudoir session to create the perfect gift for their grooms on their wedding day.
· They might be on the curvy side and want images that capture and celebrate their true beauty.
· They are expectant mothers and wish to capture this special time with sensual images that make them feel beautiful and sexy.
· They simply want to treat themselves to a unique experience that will have them looking and feeling more beautiful than ever before.
· They have heard how empowering and fun boudoir sessions can be and want to experience one for themselves.
Preparing for your PHOTOshoot…
First – check out the internet for outfit and posing inspiration. You will see how other women have embraced their femininity, beauty and innate sexiness before the camera. I have also curated some stunning boudoir looks on my Pinterest Page you may want to borrow for your special session. Create your own Pinterest board and start pinning your ideas – and feel free to share with me so that we can get a feel for the vibe you’re going for. (Please note that I will not attempt to 100% recreate anyone else's image, but will use it as inspiration as we create our own beautiful art together!)
Here are some other tips for finding looks that will enhance your wonderfulness, sensuality and natural prettiness during your shoot:
· Visualize the clothing, sexy heels, accessories and props you will want to wear during your photoshoot. Flip through your favorite fashion magazines to discover ways to pair colors, fabrics and styles for easy runway glamour or comfortably sexiness.
· Shop your closet for the items you instinctively select when you want to feel (and look) your very best. Let your imagination roam!
· Grab a style-savvy and fun-loving friend and hit women’s fashion boutiques to hunt down an ensemble that not only flatters your figure, but also makes you feel comfortable, unquestionably beautiful, and relaxed.
· Pick out lingerie that highlights your every lovely curve, but please remember sometimes a tight T-shirt, soft sweater or over-sized button-down shirt can be even sexier. Let your own personality shine through!
· Bring something meaningful to you or your significant other; this serves as a great way to personalize your shoot. It may be lingerie your spouse gave you on your first anniversary, for instance, or a vintage charm bracelet you found while on vacation. You could make a truly one-of-a-kind statement by posing with art you have created!
· If make-up and hair services are being provided at your photoshoot, think about the look that you would like to achieve on the day of your photoshoot. If make-up and hair services are not being provided at your photoshoot, please arrange for these services to be professionally done before you arrive for your photoshoot. Professional make-up and hair services make the end results even more stunning, and I highly recommend arranging for these services ahead of time to maximize your positive experience!
Five Days Before Your PHOTOShoot…
· If you wax, do so a few days before your shoot to avoid any bumpiness or redness.
· Make sure your eyebrows are nicely shaped and groomed.
· If you’re planning to visit the salon for a haircut or color, then give yourself a few days to make sure you are happy with it.
· Be sure to get a salon manicure and pedicure for a flawless finish.
· Stay out of the sun – while a base tan will be nice in photos, red, blotchy skin will not.
· PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE – DO NOT SPRAY TAN. The orange skin color will make editing difficult, and may clash with the photoshoot surroundings. Natural skin colors photograph best!
· Drink plenty of water for luminous skin.
· Lower your salt intake and avoid alcohol if you’re worried about retaining water.
· Try on your outfits and lingerie to make sure they fit properly, and remove all tags and labels. Steam or iron your ensembles and hang them properly so they keep their shape as you travel to your photoshoot.
The Day Before Your PHOTOShoot…
· Try to avoid consuming any sodium.
· Bathe, shave and moisturize.
· Remove all price tags, size & care labels, etc. from clothing, especially from lingerie and panties. They can ruin otherwise great photographs.
· Double-check that everything is properly packed and ready for the shoot: heels, jewelry, accessories, props.
· Allow yourself plenty of time to get to the photoshoot location without stressing. Check weather and traffic reports to ensure you have allotted enough time for unexpected delays.
· Enjoy a relaxed, quiet evening.
· Avoid partying hard the night before - I can't Photoshop a hangover!
· Plan for a good night’s sleep – eight hours is ideal.
The Day of Your PHOTOShoot…
· If make-up and hair services are being provided at your photoshoot, arrive with a clean and moisturized face and CLEAN HAIR (important!). If make-up and hair services are not being provided at your photoshoot, please arrange for these services to be professionally done before you arrive. Professional make-up and hair services make the end results even more stunning!
· Use clear deodorant please.
· Wear loose-fitting clothing to your session to avoid red marks on your skin (no jeans, tight socks or tight clothing, for instance). I suggest going bra-less that day before the shoot, to avoid having visible strap marks on your skin.
· Eat something light but filling before you leave the house.
· Have your final payment ready if you have a balance due (check, credit card, or cash).
· Most important: Take a deep breath and RELAX. It’s completely normal to be a little nervous before your photoshoot, but please don’t worry because you will be in very good hands. I will help you find natural and sexy poses, and will work with you to get the perfect shots.